Included in the in-situ surface preparation and characterization platform (9 separated UHV chambers with more than 20 pumping systems) equipped with the UHV-STM and the VT-SPM setup (see above).
1) XPS (X-ray Photo-electron Spectroscopy), equipped with a dual anode (Mg, Al) X-ray source (VSW mod. TA10) and an Al Ka micro-focused and mono-chromatic X-ray source (SPECS mod. XR-MF Focus 600) + a 150mm mean radius hemispherical analyzer (SPECS mod. Phoibos150) equipped with a multichannel 1D-DLD detector. Variable acceptance angle and area + variable sample temperature (from 100K to 1000K) capabilities.
2) XPD (X-Ray Photo-electron Diffraction) based on the XPS setup and an automated VG manipulator with 5 degrees of freedom.
3) UPS (Ultraviolet Photo-electron Spectroscopy), based on a UV lamp by VG and the SPECS Phoibos 150 1D-DLD detector analyzer.
4) LEIS (Low Energy Ion Scattering), based on a fine Focus Ion Gun (Omicron ISE 100) and the SPECS Phoibos 150 1D-DLD detector analyzer.
5) XPS and/or LEIS Mapping based on the above-mentioned SPECS analyzer and the VG automated manipulator.
6) TDS (Thermal Desorption Spectroscopy) based a VGQ quadrupole by Vacuum Generators (VG) and the heating-stage of the VG manipulator.
7) LEED (Low Energy Electron Diffraction) Omicron NG LEED system with SpectaLEED controller.
- Home-built molecular evaporator independent setup. Home-made setup for high flux deposits in UHV condition.
- UHV chamber for molecular evaporation (included in the prep. platform) MBE Komponenten NTEZ cell evaporator NTEZ 40-10-22-KS
- UHV chamber for metal evaporation (included in the prep. platform), Omicron EFM3 evaporator equipped with ion neutralizer.
- Home-made spin-coater, allowing a controlled deposition of films via spin-coating with a programmable spinning settings.